Friday, April 18, 2008

Artfest Memories

My trip to Artfest was wonderful, as always! I took the "Seasons Journal" class with LK Ludwig on Thursday, and had lots of fun making gelatin prints and collages with a nature theme. On Friday, I was in Nina Bagley's "Gatherings" class (that's her picture above, looking all serene).

This was truly all about serendipity, I found the perfect cover paper and ribbons in the Art Asylum, picked up the window frame on the cover at a shop in Pt. Townsend on Thursday evening, and a wonderful person gave me a small wire hummingbird nest to put in the corner of the "window." Also, my classmates were very generous with collage elements and helpful advice so I was able to turn my ordinary garden journal into a wonderful work of art, just in time for the artists' show on Saturday night. Here's a close-up of the book cover



This was my fifth year, and I was resolved to take it easy and make time for breathing and other relaxing activities. I'm not sure I was very successful, I got too focused on completing my projects and doing every possible thing there was to do. Maybe next year....?







2 comments:

&rew said...

I love that cover - mica sheet over the window frame. Great job!

Anonymous said...

the little frame is gorgeous and the tiny nest...how perfect. i have always loved the creative frenzy that nina's classes create. she's on my list for next year (again)! thanks for letting me peek over your shoulder into your artfest world...xoxo julie